Wire frames to websites, storyboards to video, ideas to apps,
I make experiences that convert users into lifelong customers.
Areas of Expertise
• Cutting-edge websites, videos, apps, and touchscreens • Usability best practices / UX • Creative leadership
Lead UX Designer | Surround Insurance (2019-present)
Led design of software from minimum viable product to best-in-class user interaction forpurchasing insurance. Collaborated closely with software developers, agents, and companystakeholders to create a modern insurance experience through user-centric designs, userflows, wireframes, and prototypes. Tested existing functionality, assessed customer input, andgathered stakeholder feedback to design customer-facing experiences. Built workflows usingInVision, Sketch, and other design packages.
UX Designer | Liberty Mutual (2018-present)
Researching, testing, and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product owners and developers. Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
UX/Content Designer | precision effect | 2016-2018
• Promoted to UX designer after seven months. Responsible for designing and planning digital products that drive engagement.
• Projects include: infographics and interactive web elements, graphics, websites, and pitch presentations. Increased user engagement by as much as 5%.
– Prototypes for pitches and new technologies
– Animated web elements
– Motion graphics
– Banner and takeover ads
– New marketing avenues such as Amazon Alexa
– Advise strategic design decisions related to new functions and features
Founder | They’re Using Tools | 2005-2016
• Ran a multimedia studio that produced videos, animation, slide decks, and websites for digital and corporate presentations and Fortune 100 companies.
– Clients include: AARP, Amazon, (add)ventures, Choice Hotels/Econo Lodge, Continuum Innovation, Emily’s List, First Act Inc., Genius Rocket, Hasbro, Live Nation, Levick, RISD, Microsoft, United Health, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Adjunct Professor | Rhode Island School of Design | 2013
• Illustration department, taught storyboarding techniques and standards for the Rhode Island School of Design’s undergrad program.
Continuing Eduction Instructor | RISD | 2005-2010
• Taught a variety of courses including:
– Video production
– Special effects/green screening
– Web design
(add)ventures • Interactive Design Manager | 2006-2009
• Designer and animator for motion graphics, Flash and After Effects projects.
• Clients include:
– Marriott hotels
• 2017 Employee Recognition Award (Bold) — precisioneffect
• Won 17 national video competitions — 2009-2015
PVD Lady Project | 2013-present
– Video production and promotional services, including filming all the keynotes for their annual summit
RI Film Collaborative Board Member | 2015-2017
– Secretary, produced Women in Film and Media conference and the 48 Hour Film Project for the city of Providence
Americorps | 2004-2005
– Fulltime Americorps member for the RI College Crusade. Mentored and tutored 3-5th graders in reading and writing, while also creating stimulating after school programs.
Photoshop ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sketch / Invision ★ ★ ★★★
Illustrator ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
After Effects ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Adobe Premiere ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Adobe Animate ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Dragon Stop Motion ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
WordPress ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Cinema 4D ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Rhode Island School of Design, BFA 2004 (video and animation)
DESIGN FORWARD RI Advance Summer, 2019
In this four-month skills advancement program, designers increase capabilities in leading dialogue and thinking, improve facilitation and user-experience design, and explore design thinking for innovation strategies.
After Effects, Photoshop, Illustration, Sketch, Adobe Muse, Adobe Animate (formerly Flash), Cinema 4D, Blender, Dragon Stop Motion, and WordPress.
• Ladies that UX & Women Talk Design Lightning Talks: Culture & Sustainability // 2020
• Northeast PHP 2015 // Designing Micro Experiences
• Lady Project Summit 2014 // What Sort of Video is Right for Your Business?
• AmericanExpress.com / Should You Enter Contests To Boost Your Business’ Profile?
• Verizon.com / 5 Tips for Creating Meaningful Video for Your Startup
• TechCrunch / Peter LaMotte of Genius Rocket (mentioned 18:10)
• SmashingMagazine.com / Graphics Packages and Standard
• Noupe.com / 5 Free Animated Slide Shows
• Featured in Vector Graphics and Illustration: A Master Class in Digital Image-making (page 162)
• NFIB.com (National Federation of Independent Businesses / Why Small Business Owners Should Be Creating Videos
• PBN.com (Providence Business News) / Five Questions With: Melinda Rainsberger
• NBC Providences / 48 Hour Film Project Inspire Young Artist [VIDEO]
• VerticalResponse.com / The Zen of an Awesome Demo Video
BootStrappist.com / The Right Risks Can Make Your Startup Video Famous (unavailable)
• Outright.com / 3 Businesses That Started at the Kitchen Table (unavailable)
I make 15 pounds of food for “fun.“ I love entertaining for large groups and bringing friends together
If it’s sunny, I’ll try to be out on my bike. So far I’ve done the whole East Bay Bike Path and I’m plotting my next challenge
Being a part of my community and working with my neighbors is very important to me.